Monday, June 21, 2010

Kaitlynn Lately

I thought I'd share a few photos to show what Kaitlynn's been up to lately.

First of all, she's been BUSY. We've had such a busy summer already and it's not even July yet! We try to get out of the house most days, and we're lucky that Connor's friends from preschool get together often for play groups. Last week we went to one of the local inflatable places and the kids had a blast. Kaitlynn forgot she was just a baby and tried to climb with the big kids.



Kaitlynn has also been growing out of her clothes, so we've been visiting the resale shops and came across some cute finds like this.



She is still pulling all of her usual tricks like twisting around in the grocery carts...



And somehow kicking her legs out of high chairs.



Another recent activity for Kaitlynn has been a morning stroller ride from her brother. The umbrella stroller usually sits in the toy room and Kaitlynn will make her way over to it and start making some noise, indicating she's ready for a ride. Connor likes to push her in it, but before he does he always makes sure to load up the pocket with toys. So when she starts to whine or fuss, he just pulls a toy out of the stroller pocket for her to play with. Genius! And might I add, I LOVE stroller time because it gives me a good 15 minutes or so to finish getting ready each morning without worrying what mess the princess is making now!



And finally, I should add (although I don't have pictures or video yet) that tonight Kaitlynn hit one of her biggest milestones yet. She took her first steps! On two separate occasions, I let go of her and she took 3 steps to get into my arms. Jeff and Connor witnessed it too so I know I'm not seeing things. Honestly I was shocked because she doesn't seem ready to walk yet. But here's the strangest part: Connor was 1 year and 1 week old when he took his first steps (at an Astros game in fact). And today Kaitlynn is exactly 1 year and 1 week old. How crazy is that?? Yay Kaitlynn!

5 comments:

  1. Oh my, it sounds like you guys are super busy!! How exciting that she has taken her first steps! Can't wait to see some video soon. I love that Connor takes her for stroller rides. That's perfect. I need to find an activity for Jackson while I'm getting ready. He usually destroys my closet or something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Each one of these things just goes to show how much she's growing up. Climbing the bounce house slide, outgrowing clothes, twisting around in the grocery buggy, first steps... I think it's official - Kaitlynn has left the baby stage. I get a little choked up just thinking about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a busy little bee you have on your hands! I agree, I think she has forgotten her age, trying to keep up at the bounce house, sitting so comfy in her highchair and trying to take her first steps. All exciting stuff I might add! I can't wait to see the video of baby girl walking! And I love the ladybugs, cute, cute outfit!

    How are you surviving the summer so far? Are you finding enough to keep the kiddos entertained?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woo hoo! For the first steps! Kaitlynn is getting so grown-y! I love the little ladybug outfit!! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kaitlynn is a busy girl! Love, MeMe

    ReplyDelete