Friday, June 18, 2010

1-Year Pictures

In an effort to scale back, I took Kaitlynn to JCPenney for her 1-year photos instead of my usual preferred place (Portrait Innovations) where I typically end up spending way too much money for so many photos that inevitably end up in a box in the closet!

The pictures turned out cute -- not exactly my favorites -- but then again the subject wasn't exactly cooperative either. In this one, I actually had to hold her with one hand in an attempt to keep her still.



I had such cute bows for Kaitlynn's hair and EVERY SINGLE TIME I put them in her hair she immediately yanked them right back out.



One of the pictures of Kaitlynn clapping reminded me of a similar one of Connor at his 1-year photos. Take a look...





As with most photo sessions with small kids, I was sweating profusely by the end. It's SO much work trying to get them in their outfits while keeping them happy and still for the photographer. But after I saw this last photo, I thought to myself..."OK, maybe it was worth it!"



Gotta love those baby blues!

5 comments:

  1. Those turned out great and that last one is SO SWEET! Love the comparison pics between Kaitlynn and Connor. I'm still impressed with how much they look alike! I would be so frustrated if I had picked out beautiful bows and she took them out! Why do they do that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. yep... gotta love those baby blues! =) The clapping photos are pretty amazing how similar they look! I think the photos turned out good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that your time was "well spent"! I love the pictures! Love, MeMe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great, great pictures Lauri! Even the one with you holding her arm is super cute. Trust me, there is nothing more stressful than going to get your kids pictures taken! The 2 year pictures aren't fun either. I remember with Jacob, I got ONE pose, that's it!

    I too love the comparison picture with Connor clapping. What a great memory to have. And I have to say, I see a little of Jeb's girls in Kaitlynn face. Maybe the eyes??

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE that last photo! Those baby blues will just melt your heart. They are so beautiful. I'm glad you were able to get some one-year photos. I hadn't thought of doing that, but maybe I should tote Alex and Sammy somewhere to get some good photos of them together.

    I still can't believe that she's one. It just amazes me that that much time has already passed.

    ReplyDelete