Sunday, July 26, 2009

6 Weeks!

Kaitlynn turns 6 weeks old today! (Wow, really??) She is growing and changing so fast. Here are some of her recent accomplishments:
  • Sweet smiles! We LOVE to see her smile at us. It just warms my heart!
  • When you stick your tongue out at her, she tries really hard to mimic by sticking out her own. Very cute.
  • She is growing like a weed. I have no idea how much she weighs, but she is outgrowing many of her outfits and she is already wearing size 2 diapers.
  • Most people comment that Kaitlynn looks just like Connor did as a baby. Some of us think she has her Daddy's eyes, though.
  • She has developed an umbilical hernia just like Connor had (it's a common condition where the belly button sticks out in infants.) Connor's was HUGE and hers isn't far behind.
  • Her left eye still has a blocked tear duct. I always have to wipe out all the goop after her naps.
  • She still has quite a bit of baby acne but hopefully it'll start to clear up soon.
  • She is much more alert these days and responding to noises and sights around her. Yesterday she was in her papasan swing and I caught her looking straight up into the mirror above her head. She had this expression that said, "Who is that gorgeous thing looking at me? Oh, it's me!" Ha!
  • Sleep... Kaitlynn is sometimes sleeping in longer stretches at night now -- up to 6 hours! It's only happened 2 nights so far but I'm praying it will only get better from here.

Also this week, I was so excited to finally get my new Mommy-mobile (as Connor calls it). I've had my trusty Explorer for years now and still love it but it just won't fit our whole family now that we are 6. So we upgraded to a used Expedition, very nice with low miles. We love it -- so much more roomy and fun to drive!

Here's another round of pics. Enjoy!

Here is Kaitlynn showing off her bikini and her big belly button.Here's Connor's umbilical hernia at about the same age.
Connor poses with his sister. This is a new position she seems to like - on her tummy on the Boppy. First time in her swing.

Look how big she's getting in the crib!

Yep, sound asleep.

Kevin likes the Boppy, too! About to go swimming for the first time. Do you think she'll like the water? It was a little cold but I think she liked it! Sound asleep with Dad.Breakfast at Chickfila. Her serious expression cracked me up. Finally, the new Mommy-mobile!
We love it!
Kaitlynn watches herself in the mirror above her head.
She couldn't take her eyes off herself!

4 comments:

  1. Isn't it amazing how quickly they change? After only two weeks, I can already tell that Alex's cheeks are getting more plump. I can't wait to see what he looks like at six weeks!

    Ok, just a couple of other comments - can't believe that you all are up and at 'em early enough for breakfast at Chick-fil-A. Girl, I'm lucky if I've gotten a shower by noon! And I LOVE the new bikini for her first swim in the pool. Too cute! Hugs to Connor and Kaitlynn from their Aunt Amanda. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. 6 weeks- hard to believe. she has really filled out- she looks great- nice and healthy! i love the close up shots to see her pretty face. i'm so glad she has given you a couple of 6 hour stretches, i hope it keeps up. congrats on the new car- looks like you guys will be nice and comfortable in there! i hope you are taking care of yourself among all of the baby duties!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun! Love the new car. I'm jealous! She sure is getting big. I'm really sad about missing out on our time together but I think it was the right thing to do. Get some rest and take care of yourself. I'll give you a call this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. It is so hard to believe that six weeks have passed so quickly and Kaitlynn is changing so fast! Next thing you know, she will be holding your grandchild! My how time flies! =) Love the new Mommy Mobile!

    ReplyDelete