Monday, March 2, 2009

Zoo Trip

Last weekend my parents visited us in Houston and we had a great time. The primary reason for their trip was to celebrate my birthday. (Thanks, Mom and Dad!!!) But we took advantage of the time together to visit the Houston Zoo with Connor. It was a really nice day and we had a blast. Below are pics from the day. I'm not sure why I didn't take more pictures. Our favorite part was the elephants -- we saw them getting their baths and even doing some circus-like tricks.

Connor and MeMe with the giraffe in the background.

Here's one with Connor and me. You can barely see the giraffe's neck behind us.

This is as close as Connor would get to the goats in the petting zoo. He was NOT happy about getting his picture with them, as if you can't tell.

After the zoo, we rode the Hermann Park Train. It's not affiliated with the zoo but it's right next door. We had to wait in line for about 30 minutes for some reason, but it was a really neat train ride around the Hermann Park area. You can see some of the Medical Center and the Metro light rail train zooming by. They've also added lots of neat play areas for the kiddos that we plan to go back and visit.

MeMe, Grand Daddy, and Connor on the train. Notice Connor's new "picture face" in all of these shots!

Here's one of me and Connor by the train engine.
Here's a really cute one with Grand Daddy.
And finally, the trip home. It didn't take long before Connor was out!

4 comments:

  1. He is looking like such a big boy! And you look great too! I'm glad your parents got to come visit for your birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just can't believe how big Connor is! He's growing up too fast! Be sure to give him great big hugs from his Aunt Amanda.

    Glad you had a special birthday visit from your parents. I know how special that is. =)

    And I love seeing that sweet little baby bump. You look fantastic!

    XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Lauri! Thanks for visiting my blog. This is SO fun! I love seeing the "brood" of all the babies on everyone's blogs! You look fantastic! The GLOW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun...the Houston zoo is fun! Connor is such a big boy and looks like he loves being with his meme and grandpa! It was so fun seeing you yesterday! I loved being able to catch up and visit. You look great!

    ReplyDelete