Thursday, March 12, 2009

Baby Bump and Bedding

I've been meaning to post baby bump pictures for a while now. For some reason I only seem to remember to get pictures in the morning, so my tummy doesn't look nearly as big as it does after eating a big meal. Most of you know what a miserable time I have had with my pregnancies -- mostly from the nausea and morning sickness (more like all-day sickness). With this baby I began to feel SO much better around 19-20 weeks, which is right around the time I finally started showing and actually looking pregnant. I feel like I've grown the most in the past couple weeks alone. I'm starting to make moaning noises when I try to get up off the couch, and it's definitely getting harder to walk up the stairs without getting completely winded and needing a rest! I'm at 25 weeks and have gained 7 pounds total. We have another sonogram next week so we'll be anxious to see how this baby girl is growing!

Here I am at 23 weeks.

And here's a shot this morning at 25 weeks.

I have been on a tear lately trying to get things settled for baby girl's arrival. The other day at dinner I was frantically naming off all the things on my mental list to Jeff that we need to take care of... move Connor out of the nursery to his big boy bed in Kevin's room, find a big boy bed with boy bedding, buy some new girl-themed crib bedding, buy a new vehicle that will seat 4 adults and 2 car seats (bye-bye Ford Explorer, hello Mommy-mobile), get a new baby monitor, buy a double stroller, and on and on. As I rattled on Jeff just started to smile at me. He then added, "sticks, leaves, twigs... You're just nesting!" And wouldn't you know, he's right!

I don't remember ever going through the "nesting" phase when I was pregnant with Connor. I was so distracted by getting married, finishing graduate school, and working full-time that I just didn't make time for it. Jeff is the one who ended up painting the nursery, installing the furniture, and hanging pictures.

So I guess I'm making up for lost nesting time. I used my birthday money to buy the double stroller (major sale - yay!) and I just today bought a new-in-box video monitor for half price (LOVE CraigsList!) My next order of business is moving Connor into a big boy bed that we have yet to purchase. I've been looking for him a used twin bed and can't find what I like yet. In the meantime, I wanted to find the perfect crib bedding for this new baby girl, but being lazy and exhausted all the time, I refuse to repaint the existing nursery. It's currently a cheery pastel yellow color, the crib is cherry wood, and the dresser is a bright sage green with yellow knobs. After much searching, I finally found the bedding below -- it's a perfect match with NO repainting!
Most of my friends know that I'm not much into girly and frilly things, so I thought this bedding was perfect -- not the pastel pink color that I've never liked but still enough touches to make it sweet for a little girl. I plan to find some matching wall letters in the baby's name and I'm also hoping to talk Jeff into hanging some existing white shelves that we have lying around. But that'll probably be the extent of my changes to transform the nursery.

6 comments:

  1. LOVE the bedding. It is perfect!! You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that bedding! It's so cute and perfect for little baby girl! I can't wait to see what mommy-mobile you end up with! You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, it is unanimous so far. I LOVE the bedding, too! It is so cheerful and will look fabulous with soft yellow! A happy room!! And, you are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. First things first. You look fantastic. I'm a month behind you and are bigger and have gained more weight than you. Needless to say I am having a slight case of envy.

    LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the bedding! Please post a picture of the nursery when you get it all put together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love reading your posts. It makes you all feel closer. You look great and the nursery is going to look so cute with minimum work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not sure how to get my name on here with select profile but the last post was from Aunt Cheryl in Michigan.

    ReplyDelete