Thursday, January 29, 2009

Paint Projects

It's been 5 months since Hurricane Ike, and we are finally getting around to making the needed repairs on our house! We got the roof repaired last month, and last week we had the interior repairs (mostly paint and drywall work) completed. The next step was to get the exterior of the house cleaned and painted, but I have been stuck on picking exterior colors.

Luckily, my friend Amanda introduced me (via blogspot) to a wonderful resource who gave me a written consultation on the colors. Her name is Layla Palmer, and I've posted her blog link on the right. I simply sent her a picture of our house, and she replied back with color options and even specific color choices with a virtual rendition. So cool! We loved her ideas so much that we decided to get her recommendation for our rental house, too. Below are the before/after colors (just the virtual renditions, not the actual after-photos yet) that we've decided to go with. As soon as we get homeowner association approval, we'll be getting started. Let me know what you think!

Here's the before picture of our current house.


And here's the "after" rendition using Layla's color recommendations (black shutters, taupe siding, and white trim.)



Here's the before picture of our rental house.


And here's the "after" picture using a rendition of the new colors (taupe siding and white trim/columns):


3 comments:

  1. That is too cool. I have looked at her website before. What a neat concept. I think both of her ideas are great. I especially like the color for the shutters in the new house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Dana - I love the paint colors - especially on your new house. I hope you post pictures of the inside, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like how you guys redid the roofing and paint colors. It looks very nice. I especially like the change you made with the rental house. Growing up in a house with mainly white walls, I really enjoy the presence of clarity that light colors bring. Thanks for sharing! -Janie Graham

    ReplyDelete