Wednesday, January 21, 2009

A Little Anxious

You always know something's up when you get a call directly from your OB/GYN! My doc called today with the results of my Quad Screen. It's the test they do at 16 weeks to screen for abnormalities, including Downs Syndrome. Although my test levels were perfectly within "normal" range, my test for Downs did indicate an increased risk. My chance for having a Downs baby is 1/180, which is still considered normal, but based on that figure my doctor is sending me for an ultrasound this week to get checked out.

I have many friends/family members that have had the "false positive" of the Downs Quad Screen, but of course it's just one more thing to be anxious about. The good news is that Jeff and I will get to have an earlier ultrasound this Friday (our next scheduled ultrasound wasn't until Feb 3 to find out the sex.) So if we get lucky, maybe we'll know this week whether we'll have a little boy or girl addition to this family!

Of course, our guts are still telling us it's a boy...that's the only gender that seems to be produced on the Courtright side! We'll be thrilled either way, but we are definitely saying more prayers today for the health of the baby. We also appreciate your thoughts and prayers as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment