Sunday, January 25, 2009

Date Night

Jeff and I were delighted to finally get another date night this weekend. With his busy work schedule and our hectic lives, it is definitely difficult to squeeze time in for ourselves. It was a relatively short evening but a really nice break. We had some dinner and then saw the "Benjamin Button" movie. It was really good...the premise was a little different, but we enjoyed it.

We have been so thankful for our friend and babysitter, Cindy, because she LOVES the opportunity to come over and watch Connor for us. They play nonstop when she's here, and Connor just adores her. We laughed last night -- Connor watched Jeff and I walk out the door for our date, and he just said, "Bye!", and went right back to playing with Cindy! He didn't miss us a bit!

Here is a picture of Cindy and Connor from last year.


Jeff and I are still digesting all the news from last week with the baby updates. I admit I've been praying often, and if I find that I can't sleep or have a nagging worry, I am doing my best to hand it over to God. We both still laugh and shake our heads at the thought of a little girl in this family. We couldn't be more ecstatic! I have been a little more emotional these days, no doubt because of the additional female hormones! :-) But it has also been very reassuring these days when I feel her move and kick inside me. This little one is VERY active in the mornings, usually between 5 and 7 am. I wonder if that's a sign of times to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment