Monday, September 26, 2022

Baseball in East Texas

One of Connor's first summer baseball tournaments was scheduled in my old stomping grounds of east Texas. Jeff was planning to take Connor to the games, but when he suddenly came down with Covid, I had to shift my schedule around to play the role of baseball Mom for the weekend. It turned out to be a great time to attend the games, because I was able to stay with my parents and enjoy some great family time amidst our hectic baseball schedule!










Connor played his heart out all weekend during the tournament, often with temps in the 100s and the head index off the charts. He wasn't having the level of success this summer that he was hoping for, but I was so proud of how he got out there and kept working hard for his team. 







The tournament ended for the Jays at Tyler Junior College, where they had a great showing but not strong enough for the final bracket on the following day. We managed to capture some great pics of the team on the field, and they were able to get a taste of the college ball life and how it felt to play at some big venues. Despite the outcome, I enjoyed every second of the time I had with Connor during our baseball road trip. I never get tired of watching this kid do his thing and then reliving the moments (good and bad) together. On to the next!



\









No comments:

Post a Comment