Thursday, August 8, 2019

Random Spring Updates

Time for another collection of random updates from the spring.

I snapped this photo at the baseball fields in mid-April as proof that our Dubai spring weather was unseasonably cool this year. I actually needed a jacket at one of Connor's evening games. I was soaking it all in because we all knew the oppressive Dubai summer heat was just around the corner.




Connor made an unexpected visit to an eye doctor in early May when he ended up with a scratched cornea from his baseball buddies throwing rocks and dirt at an evening baseball practice. Boys!





Kaitlynn's elementary school hosted parent conferences in the spring and this year they made sure the kids were interactive with their parents. Kaitlynn had an entire lesson prepared for me to participate in, including a writing assignment about the Revolutionary War and a math lesson about long division. (Can I just say, they teach math SO differently now?!) Kaitlynn was so excited about her role as "teacher" and I believe she may have found her calling.






Even though Kaitlynn's birthday wasn't for another month or so, we were hosting her party early due to our upcoming crazy schedule. Due to some scheduled days off from school, Kaitlynn and I were able to dedicate a full day to the planning and shopping for her birthday party. She was loving every moment of the planning experience. Much more to come on the big event.






In preparation for her party, we also did something I almost never do -- blow dry and style Kaitlynn's hair. Neither of us take much time to fix our hair but I thought it would be nice for her to have a good wash and style on the night before the party. By the time I was finished, we couldn't believe how different her hair looked. So long and straight and beautiful. And yes, that is a zebra onesie which has become her favorite set of PJs, ha!






No comments:

Post a Comment