Thursday, August 29, 2019

My First and Last Brunch in Dubai - Bleu Blanc

As our friends in Dubai began hearing of our upcoming departure, we received the greatest outpouring of love and support. While everyone living in Dubai is all too familiar with the coming and going of expats year after year, every once in a while these moves sting a little more than usual. That's what we were told over and over by our church family, our close friends from Dubai Little League, Jeff's work buddies at his office, and our school community. Even though our time in Dubai had been relatively short, we had made some lifelong friends and the goodbyes seemed to get harder with each day.

My close group of girlfriends were so sweet and thoughtful and asked me about planning a farewell activity on my behalf. Of all of my time in Dubai, I had never been to one of the famous Dubai brunches hosted on the weekends. It seemed like the perfect opportunity to get together with friends for a last fun day together. They made our brunch reservations at Bleu Blanc in the downtown area, which couldn't have been a more perfect spot for the special occasion. We arrived and took the opportunity for some fun photos in the beautiful ambiance.








Each Dubai brunch experience is unique and offers different amenities. At Bleu Blanc, the format of the brunch was family style with 10 courses of incredible homestyle dishes. We sat at our beautifully decorated table, enjoyed some cocktails, and then the servers began bringing dish after dish of nonstop fabulous food. Salads, sides, several options of mains, and delectable desserts...we were all blown away by the dining experience. It was SO YUMMY, every bite! I'll always remember the truffle mac and cheese, which was the table favorite along with one of the chocolate desserts. Heaven!!







We spent 3-4 hours at the table enjoying our meal and the special time together. I felt incredibly overwhelmed at the ladies' generosity of their time and conversation to spend such a wonderful day together on my behalf. They even presented me with a beautiful gift - a gold necklace spelling out "Blessed" in Arabic lettering.








I was so touched and moved by the kindness of this amazing group of women. We had experienced the craziness of life together in unfamiliar surroundings, but we made our way together and could always count on each other along the way. I indeed felt blessed by our special day together and to have these lifelong friendships that I will cherish forever.








No comments:

Post a Comment