Monday, January 28, 2019

Impromptu Trip to Houston

On one of the most impromptu trips I've ever taken, I made a quick visit to Houston in late November. Jeff and I had been watching the housing market in Katy for a while and found a home we thought was worth a look. The timing lined up with some holidays here in Dubai, so I left Jeff with a long list of instructions and made the 16-hour flight to Houston. The kids weren't happy when I left but they were in great hands.





We have been so blessed and thankful for one of our great friends, Mary Ann, who had toured and researched so many homes on our behalf. When we saw this one, it was exciting to us and felt like it could be the one. It wasn't an easy process, but after several visits to the home and back-and-forth with the sales office, we are officially under contract on this brand new house!






No doubt I will have SO MANY future posts about the new house, but I wanted to make my visit to the Houston area count by visiting with friends and family. As always, the Aasmyrs were incredibly gracious to let me stay with them during my visit. I was so happy to see their sweet faces, including of course their zoo of animals whom I love dearly!







I always feel right at home with Julie's family and their precious animals, and Connor and Kaitlynn were SO jealous when I was texting them photos. Julie was kind enough to clear her schedule for me and help drive me around to appointments and errands during my stay.

My mom also dropped everything and made a trip to stay with me in Katy during the long weekend. We booked a room at a local hotel and had a proper girls weekend - touring the house, Christmas shopping, enjoying our favorite food spots, and some much overdue catching up. Julie took some photos of us and I'm so thankful she did. Love these memories!








When it was time for my Mom to return home, we met for lunch with Julie and Michelle. After all of these years of Mom hearing about my sweet friends, it was so nice to get to hang out together at one of our favorite lunch spots.




After my Mom hit the road, the girls and I lingered and then set out for a couple days together just to hang out and catch up. Both Michelle and Julie kept their days free so that I could accomplish some errands related to the house and some additional Christmas shopping. They even helped me with flooring and window covering selections, which I was SO thankful for!





It was also incredible luck on my part that both Collin and Kevin happened to be in town during my visit. I took them out for a Mexican lunch and then drove them by the new house so they could take a look. I'm afraid I made Jeff incredibly jealous but it was so nice to see them and hear how their lives are going these days!




My sneaky, quick trip to Houston was a smashing success all around. Even I was impressed with the amount of things I was able to accomplish and the number of my favorite people I was able to visit. I paid a hefty price in the ensuing lack of sleep (for weeks to come) but it was totally worth it!


No comments:

Post a Comment