Sunday, January 20, 2019

10 Years of Blogging!

I'm taking a break from my regular stories about our family activities to write an extra special blog post. Today, January 20, marks exactly 10 years to the day when I began our Courtright Family blog. My very first post was published on this date in 2009. How crazy is that?!


When I reflect on the reasons I began this blog, I'd say my purpose is exactly the same 10 years in: to document and preserve our family memories and photos. Initially I think I just wanted an easier way to share with family and friends, but over the years the blog for me has definitely evolved into more of an attempt to capture our stories for personal use and preservation. Countless times, I have looked back at old stories on the blog and thought to myself, "Wow, I had forgotten all about that!" How does that happen?!

A few years into blogging, I began downloading the posts and photos into a book format. It's an annual yearbook of sorts, and these mean so much to our family. Over the years there have been many times where I've gotten off track with posting and had to catch up from behind, and it was these books that kept me motivated to keep going.




I feel like the blog and our published memories are a big part of the legacy I hope to leave behind for my children and our family. I'm so thankful for the opportunity to look back and reflect on our abundant blessings in life and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment