Thursday, October 11, 2018

Fun in Katy

While Kaitlynn was at Carolina Creek summer camp, Connor and I had other exciting plans. Connor was thrilled to be able to spend the week with two of his best friends, Felipe and Jayden, back in Katy. His favorite memories for the week included the incredible cooking and baking by Felipe's mom, Teresa, as well as the "epic" ping pong battles with Jayden's family. What a blessing that he could enjoy all the extra time together during one of our final weeks in Texas.










Meanwhile, with Kaitlynn at camp and Connor in Katy, I had the ultimate privilege of traveling to White Oak and staying with my parents for a whole week - kid free! Woohoo!! It was the vacation I never knew that I needed. My mom and I enjoyed several shopping days and lots of yummy lunches together. I never managed any photos, but it was some much-needed girl time for my sweet mother and me. :-)

Another fun outing during my week with my parents was a visit to my dad's new golf course in Gladewater. He had been so excited about the development and construction of this course, so I asked him to show me in person. What a beautiful golf course!





 
 
Back in White Oak, I couldn't resist saying hello to Kaitlynn's favorite dog in the world, Boo. Sweet Boo was all grown up from the little puppy that had visited Katy last fall.
 
 



When I picked Kaitlynn up from her week of camp, we drove straight to pick up Connor from Jayden's house. They may have actually been excited to see each other for once, ha!
 


 
While driving to pick up Connor, I reached out to Kevin to see if he could join us for one last lunch in Katy. We would be returning to Dubai soon and were glad he could get away to enjoy some Mexican food with us. When we arrived at Lupe Tortilla, I was shocked when I saw not just Kevin but also Collin walking into the restaurant. What a fun surprise! I hadn't realized that Collin was in town, and it was awesome to have the four siblings reunited for a short time. During lunch, we managed to surprise Jeff with a phone call from all four of his kids. So neat!
 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment