Thursday, March 5, 2015

Mom's Weekend

On Super Bowl weekend, Jeff traveled to Colorado for a guys' ski weekend with his buddies. That meant only one thing: Mom's Weekend!!!!


This may be one of my new all-time favorite photos! Look at those expressions -- pure joy!!

Wow! The kids were so excited about Mom's Weekend! Over the years, they have been quite spoiled when I go out of town and they have Dad's Weekends, so I wanted to make sure they learned how much fun we could have during Mom's Weekend, too. I pulled out all the stops!


Mom's turn to show her excitement! haha

When I picked up the kids from school to kick off the weekend, it was a beautiful day and so we decided to hang out at the park. We picked up a pizza and enjoyed the gorgeous weather outside.

Pizza and park time.

Swinging at the park.

On Saturday morning, I made the kids' favorite breakfast -- piggies in a blanket -- and we learned how to play a new card game, Skip-Bo. The kids love games of all kinds, and this was no exception. We probably played Skip-Bo over a dozen times that weekend!


Eating some breakfast and playing Skip-Bo in our pajamas. So fun!

The kids were invited to two different birthday parties during our Mom's Weekend. The first was an amazing Frozen-themed party for Kaitlynn's friend, Kennedy. All of the little girls dressed up as their favorite Frozen princess and enjoyed music, dancing, makeup, games, and food. Oh my, was this party right up Kaitlynn's alley!


Kaitlynn and the birthday girl. Beautiful princesses!

Getting her makeup done by Elsa.

All of the princesses were served "tea" by Anna and Elsa.

Look at Kaitlynn's smile -- she's in HEAVEN!!

Back at home, the kids and I enjoyed the Super Bowl game and all of the commercials. One of Kaitlynn's favorite pastimes these days is brushing, fixing, and braiding my hair. So she did that for about 2 hours straight during the game!

Kaitlynn's masterpiece!

Our Mom's Weekend was so much fun! I'm not sure I convinced the kids that we could have just as much fun as they have with Dad while I'm away, but we sure enjoyed trying!

No comments:

Post a Comment