Saturday, August 2, 2014

Summer So Far

I am having a hard time understanding how this summer is flying by so fast! We've been having a fast and furious time! On the one hand, I'll be happy to have the kids back in school and be on a regular routine again when school starts. But on the other hand, I'm trying to soak in every last bit of the summer sun and laid-back schedule. Here are some miscellanous pics from our summer so far.


First WAC of the summer.


The annual pool jump photo, this time at the new Courtright pool!

Date night selfie!

Our date nights are FAR too few these days but we sure love 'em!


This pic isn't really from summer, but I wanted to make sure I shared Kaitlynn's official soccer photo. She had such a fun spring season of soccer!

And here's the team photo. We ended up winning the spring championship, woohoo!

Kaitlynn's outfit of the summer. If you run into us out and about, chances are she is wearing this!

We were all very sad when Connor's friends Brady and Tanner lost their grandpa suddenly this summer. This card he made for them touched me so much.

The Aasmyrs hosted another WAC day for the 4th of July.

Happy 4th!

Our little firecracker!

Jeff is no stranger to pooltime relaxation.

Tent-building is an art form in our house.

How fun is that for a kid?

The most successful tent ever -- she crawled in there and napped all by herself!


These 3 love riding their bikes -- all the way up to McDonalds!

Summertime tea parties with Sweet Daddy.

Love the outfits!

Cool pic of a typical summer night at the Courtright house. Love those poolside sunsets!

On one random summer day, I saw an easy recipe for making your own ice cream using ziploc bags. I thought to myself, "Yes! I will be an awesome summertime Mom and do this fun crafty thing with my kids!" I gathered the kids and the easy ingredients and we all worked our way through the recipe and instructions. I was so proud when we actually ended up with REAL ice cream at the end.


Ziploc bags, milk, and ice ready for our ice cream.

Shaking our bags to freeze the ice cream mixture.

Here's Kaitlynn's ice cream.

And now Connor's.

The kids took one bite -- ONE --  and decided to throw theirs away, leaving me with countertops full of melted ice and salt granules to clean up. I ended up finding salt all over my kitchen for days to come. I think the preparation and cleanup lasted about 2 hours while their enjoyment of the homemade ziploc ice cream lasted all of 30 seconds. People, THIS is why I don't do projects with my kids!!


3 comments:

  1. Busy, busy, busy. Soak in those last few days, girl. I know I am! I love the Pine Cove Camp post. I can't wait until my boys are old enough to do that kind of thing. AWESOME!! I loved catching up. I'll be expecting lots of photos from the upcoming reunion. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a fun start to the summer. The date night pics are awesome! I totally get ya on the projects with the kids. I really do feel the same. Sometimes the amount of work it takes is just not worth the result! I already miss you and your family. I absolutely LOVED our visit and sure do wish we could have weekly lunches! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a fun start to the summer. The date night pics are awesome! I totally get ya on the projects with the kids. I really do feel the same. Sometimes the amount of work it takes is just not worth the result! I already miss you and your family. I absolutely LOVED our visit and sure do wish we could have weekly lunches! Love you!

    ReplyDelete