Monday, August 18, 2014

More Summertime Fun

As usual, we've managed to pack in tons of fun into our summer. When the kids get out of school, it feels like we have endless weeks ahead. But before we know it, the end of summer always catches me off guard.

I know I said in an earlier post recently that I was really looking forward to summer. (My loving husband kindly pointed that out to me after one of my raging fits when the kids were driving me crazy at home this summer, ha!)

But I am coming to realize that I am just not at my best when I'm at home with my two sweet but sometimes trying kiddos. Admittedly, I have had my own share of "meltdowns" this summer. Maybe it's because I take on too much with work, activities, and other commitments. Or maybe it's because the stay-at-home-Mom thing just doesn't come naturally to me. Whatever the reason, I am learning to recognize my limits. I have decided that next summer will be different. Not sure what that means -- maybe more work for me with more camps for the kids, or maybe a lot less of everything (trips, camps, etc.) Hopefully when the spring rolls around and it's time to start planning, I'll remember these words and plan accordingly.

In the meantime, boy am I glad that school is almost back in session!

(Although don't quote me on that. The baby of the family is starting Kindergarten and I can't be held responsible for my reaction to that.)

Here are some miscellaneous photos and updates from more of our summer fun.



In July, Grandaddy drove all the way to Katy to have lunch with Kaitlynn and then take Connor to one of his golf tournaments. He brought along a little surprise with him -- puppies!! And no, they didn't stay, they were just here for a visit.


Kaitlynn was so excited to see Grandaddy's puppies.

Look at that sweet face! (The puppy's face, not Kaitlynn's. Ha!)


Big smiles for lunch with Grandaddy.


She insisted on sitting next to him, too.

After lunch, Connor and Grandaddy really enjoyed the youth tournament at the esteemed Champions golf course in Houston (pics in another post to come). But another reason for Connor's excitement over Grandaddy's visit was that he finally received his 8th birthday present.



Connor's very first gun -- a BB gun from Grandaddy. He was so excited he even posed for pic in his undies!

Another favorite memory from our summer was the visit of our awesome friends Dana, Jackson, and Ryan. They drove all the way from Frisco to visit us, and we were SO excited to have them here. The kids got along and played so great, we hardly heard from them. One memorable activity from Dana's visit was that I attended my very first yoga class in my life. Never again!!! Haha!


Breakfast with Jackson and Ryan.

Playing at our neighborhood park while Dana and I went to the gym.

Love Ryan's expression of joy!

Riding in Jeff's truck, always an adventure!

Of course, they prefer riding in the back!

Snack time.

As we entered the month of August, I decided to get a head start on our back-to-school checklist. First up, backpacks.


Backpacks with their names embroidered -- a sure sign summer is almost over!

Next, visit to the dentist with teeth cleaning.


Getting his teeth cleaned.


Kaitlynn's turn, she's a pro by now!

Her first dental x-rays.


Leaving the dentist's office with their sugar-free lollipops and bags of dental treats.

Later in August, Kaitlynn was ecstatic to be reunited with her preschool friend, Sofia, for Sofia's 5th birthday party. These two hadn't seen each other since early June so there was a lot of hugging and squealing.

First time seeing Sofia all summer long, they were so happy to be reunited!


It was at Sofia's 5th birthday party, so fun!

And finally, we had the Aasmyr kiddos over before school resumed for one final playdate. They had really missed each other!



Another fun reunion -- seeing the Aasmyr kiddos after a long absence.

1 comment:

  1. oh, give yoga another chance! it's fun and good for you!

    ReplyDelete