Sunday, March 2, 2014

Updates from WoodCreek

Connor came home one day last month talking about how his class at school was getting a new student. It reminded me of when Connor was the new kid at WoodCreek this time last year. And then I realized... that was exactly one year ago! My how time flies! When I think back to that hectic time of 3-4 hour daily commutes to get Connor to school, I wonder how we ever survived.

The February-March timeframe in the Houston area always means one thing: Rodeo time! Usually the kids and I get all dressed up in our Western gear and happily attend many of the rodeo events around time. This year, Connor didn't seem to want anything to do with it, and I had to admit I agreed. Connor reluctantly participated in Western day at school, but this year his rodeo shirt and belt buckle were accompanied by sneakers and skinny jeans. Ha!




Another fun activity that happens in February at WoodCreek is the annual Fun Run. It's a big fundraiser for the school where the kids seek pledges and then run laps to earn money. The entire week of the Fun Run is packed with high energy and excitement as Captain Awesome and his crew get the kids pumped up for the big event. This year, the run was moved to the gym due to wet weather, but we still had so much fun cheering on the kids as they ran. By the end, all of the kids were red-faced and sweaty. They earned their money!

Lined up and ready to run.

Connor was pumped and ready to go with his armband.
The kids got a mark on their shirts for each completed lap.

I even got to run one of the laps with him.

Captain Awesome let me take a picture with him. Connor thought that was so cool, ha!

1 comment:

  1. So good to see yall are doing well! Connor is getting so old! Miss seeing you around Foundry!

    ReplyDelete