Friday, August 23, 2013

2nd Grade, Here He Comes!

School is almost back in session and Connor is a big 2nd grader now! I'm still trying to figure out how we got here so fast, but it sure is an exciting time for him!

Last week we attended Meet the Teacher night at Connor's school to meet his 2nd grade teacher, Mrs. Sartor. I think we may have hit the jackpot this year; she couldn't be any sweeter!!



Could they be any cuter?! So excited!

This was our first back-to-school experience in our new school/district, and boy, is it different. The first thing I noticed was that when we arrived 15 minutes early to Meet-the-Teacher night, there wasn't a parking spot within a full block radius of the school and hundreds of parents and students were lined up outside the main entrance. Crazy! As we walked through the hallways in search of Connor's classroom, we were greeted with smiles and cheers from the Woodcreek staff. Then, when I signed in on the parent volunteer form, every parent that had signed in had checked multiple boxes for volunteer opportunities. SO different from our previous school!

We finally located Mrs. Sartor's classroom, which is one of a few in the 3rd grade hall. Connor was super excited about that and joking that he skipped 2nd grade and went straight to 3rd, ha! We filled out some paperwork and unpacked Connor's school supplies in his desk. He already knows a few students from last year, so that was fun for him. And his favorite thing was the little back-to-school treat that Mrs. Sartor had placed at each student's desk.


O-FISH-ally a Second Grader!

After we finished up in Mrs. Sartor's room, we visited Mrs. Vaid (his teacher from last year) who is teaching 3rd grade this year. Connor was excited to see her and tell her that this year he moved to the 3rd grade...hall. Ha! Then I was able to visit with a couple of the assistant principals about some of the volunteer stuff that I'm involved with, so it was nice to meet with them in person and introduce Connor. What was supposed to be a 30-minute session turned into a visit that lasted over an hour because we were having so much fun at Connor's school. When we left, we were both all smiles and full of excitement for the new school year. On the short drive home, I was telling Connor how excited I am for his new year and how seeing his enthusiasm makes me remember why we moved out here and how it'll all be worth it. (It's been a tough summer of adjustment for us.)

Bring on 2nd Grade!

2 comments:

  1. Aww...I'm so excited for you guys! I can feel the joy and excitment from your post and I'm just thrilled for you all. His new school sounds wonderful and his teacher looks as sweet as can be. I love that you guys have had such a great experience at Connor's new school so far and I look forward to hearing all the great things they are doing this year!

    I have been loving all of your posts lately. Will you come catch me up? Please! Lol!

    And let me just say...your house looks ah-mazing! I love it! It's beautiful and you guys have done so much work to it. I just couldn't believe all the before and after pictures. The paint, the wood floors, the fireplace, the built-ins...wow...looks so good! Your backyard is amazing, it looks huge! I love Connor's school is close enough to walk to...what a treat. And let me just say, I was expecting not a single thing on the wall, not a single curtain hung by the disclaimer you had written but girl...you have done so much. I'm impressed with all you've done! Have you seen my bare walls...three years later! Lol!

    I love Connor's passion for football and now tackle football. He's going to love it, I just know! And golf and baseball camp--he's a little sports lover isn't he!? Love that!

    I know this summer was a big transition time but it looks like you guys had lots of fun activities to keep you busy, meet new people and get acquainted in your new community!

    So miss you guys! I can't wait to see back to school pics for Connor and Kaitlynn. Such a fun time. Love you girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're killing me with all of these posts. You are amazing. Do you ever sleep? haha!

    LOVE LOVE the new house. The changes you made are seriously just perfect for the house. Love the colors, love the floors, the bedrooms. Looks spectacular.

    Hope your first full year in Katy is full of blessings for the entire family. Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete