Saturday, February 16, 2013

Connor's Trip to the Dentist

We found a wonderful pediatric dentist for Kaitlynn when we were dealing with her broken teeth. Since we loved the office and dentist so much, I decided that Connor should get established as a patient there as well. The first appointment we could get was on Valentine's Day, and Connor happened to be home with me and Kaitlynn, so it turned out to be a fun adventure for all of us.

Upon arrival at the dentist's office, Connor and Kaitlynn quickly felt at home in the lobby with all the toys, comfy seating, and movies playing. What kid wouldn't love going there!




Our first stop was the X-ray room. They took x-rays of Connor's teeth, and we got to see all his permanent teeth coming in right behind the baby teeth that haven't fallen out yet. It was really cool to see how large the new teeth will be compared to his current ones.



After X-rays, Connor had his cleaning. He was all smiles, especially when they gave him cool sunglasses to protect from the bright overhead lights. I think I need to ask for some of those the next time I visit my own dentist. Those bright lights always make my eyes water!



During Connor's cleaning, the dental assistants were explaining some of the equipment they were using. They showed Connor the tooth-cleaning machine and also the water rinser and water-suction thingy that we call "Mr. Thirsty." (We remembered that name from our previous dentist.) At one point while Connor's teeth were being cleaned and rinsed, Connor started waving his arms because his mouth was full of water and he was wanting to have the water suctioned out. He gurgled out, "I need Mr. Thirsty! I need Mr. Thirsty!" It was so funny, we laughed so hard!




Connor had a great checkup and no cavities! He got to pick several stickers and things from the prize machine, and Kaitlynn wasn't left out either. They even gave me a red rose since it was Valentine's Day. Man, times have changed since I was a kid going to the dentist. Connor said he couldn't wait for his next visit!

1 comment:

  1. That. Is. Awesome. Although it looks like they still haven't found a way to make the x-ray fun! LOL!

    ReplyDelete