Saturday, February 23, 2013

Big Changes, Part 4


Read part 1 here, part 2 here, and part 3 here.

After getting Connor situated in his new school, I realized that I had to turn my attention to Kaitlynn. In a bit of bad timing, we bought the new house a week AFTER next year's preschool registration had concluded in the Katy area. Kaitlynn will turn 4 this summer, which means she needs to be signed up for a Pre-K program in the fall. And since she is one of the youngest kiddos with a summer birthday, we've known for a while that she needs a strong Pre-K program with potentially an extra year of "Bridge" school before entering Kindergarten. There are many wonderful preschools in Katy, but by the time I attempted to get her registered, all of the recommended schools I knew about were booked with long waiting lists. 

I spent one afternoon doing Google searches for preschools and making phone calls to find additional recommendations from other parents and friends. In a stroke of good luck, I landed on a preschool in Katy that I hadn't heard of before, and they had 1 -- just 1! -- remaining spot in a class that sounded perfect for Kaitlynn. I quickly secured the spot and agreed to tour the school the next day. When Connor and I visited the preschool the next morning, I was floored by what a great fit it was! Their curriculum is outstanding, the school has a strong Christian influence, and they even offer a Bridge program if we decide to pursue that the following year. I was so grateful to find the school that after paying for registration and securing that final spot for Kaitlynn, I headed to the car for a good cry. I really felt God's hand in allowing so many big changes to fall into place!

So after writing such a long saga about all the big changes in our lives lately, I guess it's only fitting that I include a sneak peak of our new house. Without further ado, here it is:


Our new home!

It's going to be a crazy spring for us, but stay tuned for lots of pictures and updates as we make the big move and start the next chapter of our lives!

2 comments:

  1. Love love love the new house. Beautiful! Can't wait to see the inside. I'm sorry about the path you guys had to take to get to where you are headed but I am praying it ends up being a huge blessing for you.

    Loved the roach post. Made me laugh. I remember roaches in Longview but I have not seen one since I've been in DFW!! I react the same way you do to them. Why do they make us so crazy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a roller coaster of emotions when reading through all of the "big changes" posts. But so thankful to hear a happy ending for you all. And I LOVE the new house! Here's hoping you get moved in soon so that the school commute becomes much shorter. =)

    ReplyDelete