Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Birthday Celebrations

Now that Connor is 6, he has really learned how to milk his birthday for all it's worth. He had quite the fun week of celebrations to mark his special day.

Jeff snapped this pic of me with my 6-year-old. Love this kid!

Connor's birthday was on a Thursday, and I told him that I planned to come have lunch with him at school. He was really excited until he found out that Kaitlynn couldn't be there because she would be at her own school. So then he asked me if I could have lunch with him on Wednesday instead so that Kaitlynn could come with me. He LOVES his sister!


Birthday lunch with his sister. Because clearly my presence wasn't as important ;-)

The next day, on Connor's actual birthday, Jeff made a special visit to have lunch with Connor at school. They had a great lunch together from what I hear. One of Connor's favorite parts of the day was seeing his name in the list of birthdays on the school's electronic marquee.

Jeff and Connor with BIG smiles at Connor's birthday lunch.

On his birthday night, we went out to eat at Connor's favorite restaurant: CiCi's Pizza. He LOVES CiCi's!

At CiCi's Pizza, Connor opened a cool gift from his siblings: a Houston Texans robot.

Later that same night, Connor had the most special treat of all. His kindergarten teacher, Mrs. Hunter, came to our house to read Connor a bedtime story and tuck him in to bed. This was the event that we won at the spring silent auction for Connor's school, and we just happened to schedule it on Connor's birthday. Mrs. Hunter made the bedtime visit SO memorable. She picked out a perfect book, I Love Bedtime Stories, brought Connor a nighttime treat (muffins and apple juice), and she read the story to him with her best storytime voice. Take it from me, Mrs. Hunter is a master storyteller!

Connor couldn't believe Mrs. Hunter was in his house!

Mrs. Hunter is the best storyteller! Connor was captivated!

It's hard to imagine the birthday celebrations getting even better, but they did. Connor decided that all he wanted for his birthday was a birthday party with his friends, so we had yet another Houston Texans-themed party at a local bounce place called Jump On In. (I recycled the party invitations and decorations from his party last year, ha!) The party was so much fun and Connor had a huge smile on his face all day.

Connor loved his Houston Texans cookie cake.

Kaitlynn was just as excited about Connor's party as he was!

All the party kiddos.

Probably my favorite pic of the day: Connor and his oldest and best friends, Brady and Benjamin.


About to blow out the candles.

Connor was in heaven opening all his birthday gifts from his party friends.

I think it's safe to say that Connor had a very fun and memorable 6th birthday. Somehow between now and next year, I'm going to need to figure out how to lower the birthday expectations, ha!

1 comment:

  1. That is one long week of celebrating in style!! Yea, Connor!

    ReplyDelete