Saturday, March 17, 2012

Western Day

One of my favorite things about living in Houston is the annual celebration when the Rodeo comes to town. Even all the local schools get in on the action. Connor's school hosted their annual Western Day a few weeks ago to celebrate the kickoff of the Rodeo. All the kids were encouraged to wear their best western gear. Connor and his neighbor buddies got all dressed up for the big day and I took their picture before school. I told them to give me their best cowboy pose and this is what I got. I LOVE this picture!

Now those are some tough-looking cowboys.

In support of Western Day, each grade put on a little program of rodeo songs for the parents. The kids were so cute! Here's a video clip of one of the songs the Kindergarten classes performed.




Kaitlynn and her Daddy were in attendance for the Rodeo program.

Here are my little cowpokes before school.

In addition to the Rodeo program, the Kindergarten classes were able to participate in what is called Rodeo Round-Up. Throughout the entire day, the kindergarten classes rotated through various Rodeo-themed stations to learn more about what the Rodeo means in Texas. Some of the stations included storytime around the campfire while eating campfire beans, branding the cows (using paint), face-painting, horseshoe throwing, pony races, and so much more. I was volunteering during the stations and so I didn't manage to get any pictures. The kids had SO much fun while learning all about the Rodeo and I was so grateful to be able to witness the fun in person.

1 comment:

  1. Precious little cowboy and cowgirl! I still remember going to the Rodeo when I was there. Lots of fun.

    Dana

    ReplyDelete