Friday, December 16, 2011

A Special Visit

Last week we traveled to Dallas for a VERY special visit with 3 of my VERY best friends in the world! Katherine, Dana, Amanda and I have been friends since junior high school. We tried to count the years and came up with about 23 years, give or take a few.


It's amazing to look back and realize everything we have been through together. Despite all the time and distance that has separated us throughout the years, I feel so blessed by their friendships.


Now we've all got families and kids of our own, so we make every effort to get together and visit while our kids play and hopefully become best friends, too. :-) This visit was the first time that our ENTIRE group was able to be together in one place in over 2 1/2 years. The last time was when Amanda and I were both pregnant with Kaitlynn and Alex. That's WAY too long if you ask me!

Our top priority of the week was getting photos of all the sweet kiddos. Amanda is the photographer of the group and managed to get some great ones. These are framers for sure!



We had such a great visit letting the kids play while the grownups talked and ate and talked some more. I went around and tried to snap some pics of the kids. Here they all are in order from oldest to youngest.

Jacob, age 6, son of Katherine

Connor, age 5 1/2

Luke, son of Katherine, age 3 1/2 (almost 4!)

Jackson, son of Dana, age 3 1/2

Kaitlynn, age 2 1/2, giving me "the look"

Alex, son of Amanda, age 2 1/2

Sarah, daughter of Katherine, age 1

Ryan, son of Dana, age 1

Andrew, son of Amanda, age 6 months

Here are just a few more snapshots from our weekend.

Connor and Jacob play SO well together. It just warms my heart they they are becoming such close buddies!

The big kids ate at the kid tables. So fun!

Here are most of the kids in front of the Christmas tree.

They did a book exchange instead of presents.

Love this picture of Jeff reading to Kaitlynn and Alex, only 3 weeks apart!

It was such a special weekend for me...Fun and chaotic, exactly what you'd expect with 8 grown-ups and 9 kids aged 5 and under. And it was just a preview of times to come when we all travel together to Destin, FL next summer! Woohoo!!

2 comments:

  1. You captured some great memories. Thank you for traveling so far to come. We really had such a great time.

    I love the picture of Jackson. He's touching his hair as usual. Laine and I wonder if he will still be doing it when he's 15! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post Lauri! I love the individual pictures you captured. I'm loving your new camera. The images are great quality. They are all too cute!

    It was such a fun weekend. I love that this has become an annual tradition for all of us. Can't wait for Destin 2012! Love you girl!

    ReplyDelete