Thursday, December 29, 2011

Our Family Christmas

We celebrated our family Christmas a little late this year, but it was still so special and so much fun. Now that Collin lives in San Antonio, it's quite the treat when all 6 of us are together at home. We started the Christmas festivities by preparing for Santa's visit. We baked some chocolate chip cookies and set them out for Santa with milk and carrots (for Santa's reindeer, of course!)


I asked Connor if he wanted to write Santa a note, and he wrote these 2 notes all by himself without any help.


They say, "Santa thee's cookie's are for you. If you do not eat all of the cookie then we will eat it." and "Santa do not eat the cairit's. The raindeer eat them." I smiled and laughed so big when I read them! And I definitely saved them in Connor's keepsake box. :-)

Santa was very nice to the family again this year. This was the scene after he left.


Connor was up by 7 (the earliest time he is allowed to leave his room) and promptly woke everyone else up. Collin and Kevin were good sports and quickly came downstairs to see what Santa left.

The big train table in the middle of the living room was the first thing everyone noticed. It was meant for Kaitlynn, and she loved it!


One of Connor's favorite gifts in his stocking was the Houston Texans pillow pet.


Collin's big gift was a stainless steel mini-fridge/freezer for his college apartment. I think it might be nicer than the full-size one in our kitchen, ha!


One of Kevin's gift was a nice watch. He definitely knows how to wear it. :-)


Here are a few more pics from our family Christmas:

Kaitlynn got a Dora microphone from Nana and Papa. It's a big hit!

Kevin with his remote controlled helicopter.

Jeff with a new Texans jersey - the authentic one just like the players wear!

A gift I gave to Jeff (although it's kinda for me too) - our family portrait on canvas. So fun!

The boys tried out one of Connor's new Wii games. Thank goodness they can teach him!

I didn't manage to get any photos of myself in this post, but I still had the BEST Christmas. My awesome hubby surprised me with a certificate for some alone time in a hotel by myself -- no kids, room service, books, huge big bed all to myself -- what could be more blissful?! You can bet I'll be checking in early and staying late (although there was a disclaimer for a 24-hour limit, ha!)

4 comments:

  1. Great family fun!! I really, really love your family photo for Jeff (and you). Enjoy your hotel haven! blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a fun family Christmas celebration! I guess that wraps it all up until next year! MOM

    ReplyDelete
  3. If that wasn't a magical, fun-filled Christmas, I don't know what is. So many celebrations, so many memories made with family and loved ones. I can see why you are counting your blessings and giving thanks.

    I LOVELOVELOVE your family photo canvas. LOVE! It is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you guys had a special christmas celebration at your house and your parents house too. The train table is great. Jackson would love it! I love the photo canvas picture. It looks so great on your wall. And Jeff's gift to you - I know it's just what you wanted. I hope you love every minute of it! I'm so glad all 5 of you got to celebrate together. I know the kids loved it.

    ReplyDelete