Thursday, July 27, 2023

Random February Photos and Updates

In February, it was business as usual in the Courtright household. Although we were still considerably busy with Kaitlynn's hectic sports and cheer schedule, our overall family commitments had decreased significantly now that Connor was no longer playing baseball. After taking some time to reflect, Connor decided to enroll in an extra class to fill the gap in his school schedule and go "all in" on his academic goals now that sports were no longer taking up a lot of his time. It was quite an adjustment for all of us, but we were beyond proud of how Connor was devoting himself to his studies and his peer mentor and leadership role in his PALS program. This kid had some lofty goals and he was working hard to achieve them. With college on the horizon, he was dedicating himself to building up his achievements - even if some of them were completely made up. 

(Congrats on your admission into Silly Goose University, bud! Lol!)



Also in February, Jeff was excited to attend the annual guys' trip to Colorado for some skiing and Super Bowl fun. His buddy Bob is so kind to open his home every winter to host the trip, and there is no shortage of shenanigans with the house packed full of bro's. He enjoyed the beautiful winter weather and obliged my request for some great photos. Best of all, no one was hurt on the slopes! Ha!







Kaitlynn's favorite class in 8th grade was her Partners in PE program, where she and some outstanding fellow classmates supported their peers in special education. In February, they took a fun field trip to a local bowling alley and had such a fun day spending social time together. This program was SUCH a blessing to Kaitlynn and these kiddos the entire year!




Cheer season was still in full swing as the Nighthawks continued to work on their biggest goal of the season yet - a win at the biggest and most prestigious cheer competition, NCA! They worked so hard towards the end of February, including some fun theme days at their practices. I made sure to snap some photos of our cutie cheerleader after one of our practices.





As if her Nighthawks commitments weren't enough, Kaitlynn was still actively particiating in the 8th grade cheer squad events every week. They had their annual cheer photoshoot in February, but by this time of the year, Kaitlynn was FED UP with school cheer and honestly wanted nothing to do with it. In an act of rebellion, she refused to fix her hair or makeup in any way for these photos because she honestly didn't want to be there. Yikes. So, in my own act of rebellion, I decided not to pay the exorbitant price for these photos she didn't want and instead just copied a screenshot here so that we have them for our memories. Don't mind the photographer's watermark, ha!










At the end of February, Jeff was working in Dubai and I had a low-key birthday celebration back home. Jeff coordinated with Connor to bring me flowers for my special day, and the kids and I enjoyed a yummy Lupe Tortilla lunch to mark the occasion. I also enjoyed a fun lunch and shopping trip with Michelle (Julie couldn't join us that day), so it was a nice way to bring in Birthday #47 in 2023. 

Funny story - for some reason I lost track of my age along the way and began telling everyone I had turned 48 instead of 47. It wasn't until a medical procedure a couple months later when I saw my age written on my hospital bracelet that I realized I was younger than I thought. HA!







No comments:

Post a Comment