Thursday, March 17, 2022

Trash to Treasure

When I returned home from my trip to Mexico, I noticed some interesting items in the curbside trash pile at one of the homes on our street. I didn't know the story behind it, but there were two large blue grocery carts sitting next to the trash bins evidently waiting for the garbage company to take them away the following morning during trash pickup. I wondered how the family would've come into possession of these grocery carts and why they might be tossing them out, but then I forgot about them amidst trying to unpack and settle in from my trip away.

The next thing I knew, Jeff came inside telling me that Kaitlynn and the neighborhood girls had found some grocery carts and were embarking on a project to decorate and race them in the street. Ha! It was the ultimate Trash to Treasure competition, and what a perfect way to occupy these girls for countless hours on a Sunday afternoon/evening leading into the following week. We were impressed with their creativity and dedication to their projects, and it was fun to see successful teamwork with the cart transformation.

A few days later, the carts were again curbside awaiting trash pickup, but not before some super fun and lasting memories were made. It felt like something straight out of my own childhood! :)











No comments:

Post a Comment