Thursday, December 6, 2018

Big Bad Wolf Book Sale

I began hearing something about "the biggest book sale in the world" when we returned to Dubai after our summer in Texas. I didn't think much about it until weeks later when all of my Dubai friends began excitedly sharing the news and pictures on Facebook. Sure enough, this book sale was a real thing - over 3 million books and truly the biggest book sale in the world. Not surprising that it was here in Dubai, ha!

The sale was called Big Bad Wolf and it's an event that travels all over Asia and beyond. When the 2-week sale finally arrived in Dubai in October, it was the talk of the city. The volume of books was incredible, and the prices were even more amazing. Most hardcovers were around $6, even for newer books. I visited the sale on 3 separate occasions and bought dozens of books for such a low price. Every time I was there, the workers were unloading crate after massive crate of more books. It was difficult to walk away because I was always wondering what new treasures would be uncovered. I loved the chance to experience this book sale and stock up for Christmas!







No comments:

Post a Comment