Monday, June 25, 2018

Old Dubai

During the second week of the boys' visit, Connor and Kaitlynn had to return to school after their long spring break. That gave Jeff and I the chance to enjoy some other activities with Collin and Kevin. On one of our days together, we decided to explore the area of old Dubai. It is a more traditional and conservative area of Dubai where the original city began. We explored the Dubai Museum and the Al Fahidi Fort built back in the 1700s.

After our museum tour, we took an abra - one of the local water taxis - to ride across Dubai Creek to explore the local souks. The shops in the old souks reminded me of flea markets, with very persistent merchants, I might add!






My favorite souk was the Gold Souk -- shop after shop of jewelers selling custom and discounted gold jewelry. I ended up finding a pair of earrings that I loved, and I talked the shop owner down by 2/3 of the original price. I didn't buy them, but I'm still thinking about them, ha!




After our explorations in Old Dubai, Jeff took the boys and I to an Indian buffet restaurant that ended up being such a cool experience. No pictures from our lunch, but we definitely intend to visit the restaurant again. It was the perfect ending to our fun day in Dubai together.

As we walked from the parking garage to the restaurant, I snapped this quick photo of Kevin and his Dad walking side by side. Crazy to see this and realize how grown up Jeff's older boys have become!




No comments:

Post a Comment