Monday, April 23, 2018

3rd Grade Updates

Scrolling through my photos, I realized that I had several pictures of Kaitlynn's recent fun in 3rd grade at Dubai American Academy. It seems like there is always something new and exciting happening at school.

Sometimes I accompany Kaitlynn into her classroom if I happen to be on campus for another reason. She loves having her Mom walk her inside. :-)





One of her 3rd grade projects recently was to visit a grocery store and study the location and price differences with products from around the world. I've mentioned before that when I started grocery shopping in Dubai, it was a new experience for me to recognize the different countries of origin for meat and produce. Kaitlynn was learning in 3rd grade to spot these things as well, in addition to the price differences based on where the items came from. Her assignment was to find several of the same items, like oranges for example, and document the different origins and prices of each, along with making assumptions based on why the prices might be different.

Kaitlynn took her project quite seriously, even bringing her trusty clipboard along for the task. (My family and friends that know me well will certainly laugh about the clipboard, haha!) It was actually quite eye-opening for me to see the price differences in oranges from say, Morocco, versus those from somewhere else, like USA or South Africa. I noticed that it wasn't always distance of the imported product that would cause the price to go higher or lower. I'd say Kaitlynn and I both learned some things from her assignment and I've actually been more productive in my grocery shopping as a result.







The elementary kids had a spring Track and Field Day recently where each of the classes competed against each other. They were happy to be outside soaking in the sunshine and running off some energy. Her teacher shared some photos with the parents.







On the eve of the kids' Spring Break, Kaitlynn's class had a classroom party to kick off the fun. Everyone was excited at the prospect of being out of school for two whole weeks!






But before Spring Break could begin, the entire school participated in a group photo on the school grounds to commemorate the 20th year anniversary of the school. They posted the aerial photo on social media and I thought it was pretty cool. Connor and Kaitlynn could tell you exactly where they are standing in the picture.





After all of the busy school activities, who could blame any of us for being worn out and ready for the Spring Break ahead?!




No comments:

Post a Comment