Thursday, December 12, 2013

100 Club

This post is for the grandparents. Kaitlynn hit a big milestone last week at school: counting to 100! I had to remind myself that the kids in her classroom are only 4, because some of them are so advanced and have been counting to 100 for a while. It's a big accomplishment at her preschool when the kids can count to 100. They induct them into the 100 Club with a sticker and pencil for their efforts. So cute!

Ever since school started this fall, Kaitlynn would come home talking about her friends who could count to 100 and she was discouraged that it took her a while to do it. We kept working with her and praising her efforts--she was so close! Finally, one morning last week, she was counting in the car on the way to school. She got mixed up around the 50s and again around the 70s. She expressed some frustration about it, and I reminded her about the secret of counting to 100: remember how to count by 10s to know what comes next. For some reason, this seemed to click with her. She counted to 100 right then without skipping any numbers. We were so excited but I figured she still needed some practice to do it consistently.

Later that day when I picked Kaitlynn up from school, she walked to the door and I immediately saw her 100 sticker on her shirt. My eyes got really big and I asked, "You counted to 100??!" Apparently after I dropped her at school that morning, she went straight to her teacher, told her she could count to 100, and counted right then without missing a beat. After all of Kaitlynn's hard work, I was SO excited for her! We hugged and squealed with delight all the way home, LOL! And then she requested that I make a video of her counting to 100 so that her grandparents could see.







3 comments:

  1. I've been meaning to comment the last few posts but time just gets away! I am so thankful for these blogs. I feel like I at least somewhat know what's going on with you guys because you are so great about keeping it updated. I love that Kaitlynn made the 100 club. That's awesome. Can't wait to see that girl soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Kaitlynn!!!! That is great that you are already able to count to 100! You must really be studying hard and learning a lot in your new school!
    MeMe is very proud of you!
    Love,
    MeMe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go Kaitlynn! Now you can count to 100 just like Granddaddy!
    I Love You

    ReplyDelete