Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Mother's Day and Mom's Munch

As usual, I had a wonderful Mother's Day this year thanks to Jeff and the kids!



It began on Saturday when Jeff took over with the kids and let me go "off duty" all day long! I ran some errands (so much easier without kids in tow), had a nice quiet lunch alone, got my nails done, ran some more errands, and just enjoyed some alone time without any pressing matters to attend to. The kids had a blast with Dad -- they went to Chuck E. Cheese and CiCi's Pizza -- so I'd say we ALL enjoyed the day!


The next day on Mother's Day, Connor presented me with some very special crafts he had made himself at school. I had to laugh at some of his adjectives he used to describe me, including organized and stressed, ha! And I love that the "Good Mom Checklist" includes a bonus math question! That kid really cracks me up (and melts my heart)!






At Kaitlynn's preschool, we had our annual Mom's Munch which is a little party that the kids throw for their parents. It's one of my favorite events, such a special time for the Moms. When we arrived for the party, the sweet kids greeted us at the door with a homemade corsage and then we sat in the "photo booth" for a picture with our little ones.




After the photos, we sat together at the kids' tables to enjoy cookies and lemonade. Kaitlynn was SO excited to have me at her table!





One of the cutest activities that the kids do at Mom's Munch is display their interview questions about their Moms. Oh my, these sweet answers always fill me with such joy and delight! Kaitlynn's comments about me made me smile so big. No one has any idea where she came up with "Mamasita" or what in the world it means to play "purple turtles!" Ha!!




Kaitlynn with 3 of her sweet girlfriends from preschool. We are going to miss them SO much!

Kaitlynn's class showing off their crafts for Mom's Munch

I am definitely one blessed Mama! So thankful for my family!!

1 comment:

  1. Priceless. The day alone, the cards/magazine cover from Connor, the Mom's Munch with Kaitlynn – all of it is just priceless. I'd say you deserve Mom of the Year after all you've endured this year so far. You are one awesome momma!

    ReplyDelete