Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Daddy Daughter Date Night

We've been eating fast food WAY too often lately due to all the chaos with our daily commute and housing situation. Recently we ate at Chick-fil-A and found a fun flyer in our food bag: an advertisement for the upcoming "Daddy Daughter Date Night" at our local restaurant. This event was very similar to the Mother Son Date Knight that Connor and I attended last year, but it was instead geared for Daddies and their little girls. Oh boy, was Kaitlynn excited! She and Jeff began planning their special date night and counted down the days until it arrived!



On the morning of their date, both Daddy and Kaitlynn were beyond excited for their big day. Kaitlynn was very clear that she wanted to wear her Tangled/Repunzel dress for her date, so I had to make sure to stop at our new house to pick it up along with her princess slippers since I had already packed them in her new closet. Kaitlynn also requested that Jeff wear her favorite color, purple, for their date.

When Jeff arrived home from work, it was time to get ready for their big date. Oh, the excitement!! I took Kaitlynn and got her dressed and fixed her hair, and then she came out of the bedroom to meet her "prince". They were so sweet!




Kaitlynn was super excited about riding in Daddy's truck for their date. They were both all smiles as they loaded up to leave.






It turned out to be a chaotic night for Connor and me back home (frantically trying to get the house ready for the first showing) so I never did get many specific details about Jeff and Kaitlynn's special date. I know that they had a special picture made and she came home with a lovely rose from her handsome prince. And I also heard that Kaitlynn LOVED the special princess cow and kept going up to her for high-fives.



Kaitlynn and her Daddy had such a wonderful evening together and Kaitlynn has been talking about it ever since. I feel so blessed that she has such an involved, loving Daddy who will take her on special dates and show her how a man should treat her with kindness and respect. And I know these two have many more dates in their future.




4 comments:

  1. Oh how sweet! I love that Chic Fil A does those events. I know they both had so much fun. What a sweet daddy to take her. And she looked precious in her princess dress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cutie Miss K is. I just love girls who aren't afraid to wear glamorous costumes out in public. And Mamas who let them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful little princess!! The sweetest date night ever. blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet! That second pic of K and Jeff is my all time favorite. Their expressions say it all. Love it!

    ReplyDelete