Wednesday, November 7, 2012

A Monday Fall Fun Day

The kids had a school holiday a few weeks ago, so we planned to have a Monday Fall Fun Day to celebrate. It reminded me of a few years ago when I still had both kids at home with me most days. I never thought I'd miss those days, but surprisingly, I sometimes do! So I thought it would be fun for the three of us to spend some quality time together on the day off from school.

We started off the day with a trip to the grocery store. Had to get the errands out of the way first! A new H-E-B store opened right by our house so it's our new favorite place to shop.

The kids LOVE H-E-B because of the Buddy Bucks machine!

Next stop: a nearby pumpkin patch! This church near our house always does a good job of decorating pumpkins and making them into cute characters and picture scenes. It was a gorgeous October morning so we really enjoyed walking through the pumpkin patch.


Welcome to the pumpkin patch!

Sweet siblings

Connor's favorite pumpkin scene: the football players.

Another sibling pic.

This scene was a close second -- Star Wars pumpkins!

This scene had Buzz, Woody, and Jessie from Toy Story. Cute pic from Jessie's horse.

My favorite pic of the day. My pumpkin patch cuties!

After the pumpkin patch, we went to Chili's for lunch. I get kids-eat-free coupons from Chili's all the time so it's one of our favorite stops. Our lunch quickly turned into an all-out love fest as the kids were doling out kiss after kiss. Gotta soak it in while I can!


They love each other...sometimes.

A kiss from Kaitlynn

And of course, Connor wouldn't be left out.

After lunch, we capped off our fun fall day with a trip to the movie theater to see Hotel Transylvania. Cute movie and the kids (and I) loved it! As we were leaving the theater, I caught this neat image of our shadows on the sidewalk. I think it's a cool memento of the awesome fall day that the three of us enjoyed together. What a great reminder of how lucky I am that my "job" lets me hang out with two of my favorite people and make such wonderful memories!


Sweet shadows!

2 comments:

  1. This time of year is just so full of fun!! My favorite is the three of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun day! I'm loving all your posts! Happy anniversary! Halloween looked like a blast and I loved Connors pose to be like his favorite player. so sweet. Been reading all your posts faithfully just not so good about commenting. Love you, friend!!

    ReplyDelete