Monday, January 2, 2012

Wrapping up the Regular Season

The Houston Texans wrapped up their regular season yesterday with a home game and the entire Courtright clan was able to attend. It was a beautiful chilly day, perfect for football! It was a fun game, despite the loss.

Tailgating was a bit chilly yesterday.

Kevin and Kaitlynn with Reliant Stadium in the background.

Our family of 6 before the game.

Kaitlynn LOVES attending the games and does so well the entire time.

Our family before the game.

The week before Christmas, Jeff made his annual trip with buddies to a Texans away game. This year they chose Indianapolis (before they knew Peyton Manning wouldn't be playing) and they had a great time. They managed to stalk a couple of the Texans defensive players (Connor Barwin and Shaun Cody) at a local yogurt shop and get their picture together.

From left: Texans defensive player Connor Barwin, Jeff's buddy Tommy, Texans nose tackle Shaun Cody, and Jeff the stalker.

After the game, Jeff's picture landed on the Houston Texans website and Facebook page. This seems to happen every single year they attend an away game. So funny!

Jeff and his 4 buddies at the Indianapolis vs. Houston game before Christmas.

We may be entering the playoffs this weekend with our 4th quarterback of the year, but the fact that we're IN the playoffs is enough excitement for me. Can't wait!

4 comments:

  1. You guys crack me up. The best fans out there!!! I bet Jeff had a ball meeting the players - and at a yogurt shop of all places! Ha! Love seeing him in the paper. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rewind the clock 18 years. If you asked me in high school if you'd ever love an NFL team to the degree of actually getting excited about their wins and playoffs potential, I would have looked you in the eye and laughed my rear off. You crack me up. I so love seeing yours and Jeff's enthusiasm. Make that all six of you guys! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! Yea! for the Texan Fans!! Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love, love, love that you guys all share the same passion for your Texans! What a special bond for all 6 of you! Looks like Jeff had a fun time away and getting to meet some of the team's stars as well. I didn't realize just how "into" this football thing you really were until our visit in December. You lying awake at night stressing about the quarterback changes etc. Makes me laugh but so glad you and Jeff can share this.

    Looks like you all had a wonderful Christmas. I enjoyed the pictures and the stories. I am SO far behind on my posts, don't even know where to start. Miss you and love you!

    ReplyDelete