Thursday, July 14, 2011

Big Brothers

Sometimes I'm amazed at the teenagers in our house. Collin and Kevin are both great big brothers to my little ones and I love seeing their sweet exchanges when they're together.


Every once in a while I catch them sounding more like the parents than the siblings.

For example, a few months ago Collin came over and when he walked in, he was immediately greeted by his little sister (who adores him, by the way). She pranced up to him and hugged his legs tightly, all the while grinning from ear to ear. Collin reached down to hug her saying, "Kaitlynn, I wish you could stay this cute forever!"


On another occasion, the 4 kids and I were sitting around the dinner table enjoying some pizza. I had just registered Connor for kindergarten that day, so I reminded Connor to tell his brothers what he did that morning. "I got signed up for kindergarten!" he excitedly told them. The older boys both exclaimed, "Wow!" and then Kevin added, "Man, Connor, I can't believe you'll be in kindergarten! I remember when you were just a baby...".


A couple weeks ago, I was driving all the kids minus Kevin somewhere and Kaitlynn was acting fussy in her carseat. It was before we had gotten Kaitlynn her own iPod Touch, so I had given her my iPhone to keep her busy until we reached our destination. Connor began whining about wanting a phone or something to play with, and he kept asking why Kaitlynn got to play with my phone instead of him. "Why don't I get something to play with?" he asked. Collin piped in and responded, "Because you're old enough to sit still and quiet!"

4 comments:

  1. Now THIS is sweet! Kaitlynn and Connor are lucky kiddos to have such caring older brothers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see some very good fathers-to-be here. Very good. blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are some precious stories. I love that the bigger boys love the younger kiddos so much. That really is such a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, what sweet brothers they are. I love how much they adore both of them. Connor and Kaitlynn are so lucky to have them to play with, to love and to learn from! Great memories!

    ReplyDelete