The end of the summer is always busy as we adjust to the kids' new school schedules and the start of new fall routines. While I was in Tuscaloosa helping Connor get settled in his new apartment, Jeff and Kaitlynn enjoyed one of the Texans preseason games with a smaller tailgate crew.
As the new school year began, Kaitlynn enjoyed catching up with friends and joining in the school spirit at her various high school activities. She was starting the year off as busy as ever, but she always managed the time to sneak away for some bestie time with Anais.
One of my favorite activities during each new school year is the high school open house, where parents are invited to "walk" their student's class schedule, meet their teachers, and learn about the upcoming year's curriculum. I enjoyed meeting Kaitlynn's teachers, and I also made sure to catch up with some of Connor's former favorite teachers as well. We have been so blessed by our high school! Another perk for this year was seeing the newest 10th grade English teacher, Ms. Aasmyr in her new classroom.
Connor wrapped up his summer by joining his roommates and friends to catch a Pitbull concert at the Mercedes Benz Theater, and I really appreciated the photo he sent from his night.
And lastly, my August ended with a fun birthday lunch with Michelle and Julie to celebrate Michelle's late August birthday. Love the chance to catch up and celebrate each other for our big days!












No comments:
Post a Comment