Thursday, December 7, 2023

Disney World!

With the Nighthawks competition at Summit officially concluded, it was now time for Kaitlynn and I to enjoy the fruits of her labor with her PAID BID to Disney World, woohoo! A paid bid is essentially a monetary credit for Kaitlynn which covered her hotel and Disney park tickets, based on her team's outstanding performance at the Jamfest competition earlier in the season. It was a huge honor for the team, and we were ready to take advantage of it and soak in ALL the Disney fun. We decided we weren't going to stress about the rides and just try to focus on enjoying some of the Disney food experiences instead. But first, we reached out to Grandma Cheryl and Grandpa Jerry to see if they could squeeze us in for a dinner at Disney Springs. We were so excited to see them and catch up during our impromptu visit with dinner and ice cream.








It was the perfect way to close out the day, and then I had to switch gears to plan for the 2 full days of Disney fun ahead. I was admittedly super nervous and overwhelmed at the prospect of taking on the Disney experience without any knowledge whatsoever. Even though Kaitlynn and I initially planned to just eat our way through Disney (LOL!) I soon realized that I might need a better plan. I previously asked a few fellow cheer moms but when they would start to explain their tips and tricks, it was like they were speaking in another language because all I heard was "wah wah wah" since nothing made any sense to me. Thankfully I was able to reach out to my Disney planner bestie, Katherine, who gave me a 1-hour phone tutorial for everything I needed to know.  And that was just the basics, HA! Sufficiently armed with her suggestions, Kaitlynn and I set out for Epcot on a Saturday morning and vowed to go with the flow as best we could. It was a beautiful spring day and we were so excited to experience Epcot! 












We managed our time so well and got to enjoy all of the best rides, including Guardians of the Galaxy - which ended up becoming my all-time favorite ride at the Disney parks. We even ran into several friends while we were there at Epcot, who eventually talked us into park-hopping over to Magic Kingdom and riding more rides until the late closure at 11pm. Kaitlynn couldn't believe I was up for it (and neither could I) but we had the BEST day together and with friends. So much fun!!








After our LONG day at Epcot and Magic Kingdom, Kaitlynn and I totally crashed. But we were up and ready to head out again the next morning, back to Magic Kingdom to continue riding all the fun rides. By now, I was getting more comfortable with using the Disney app and all the little tricks to maximize our time. By the end of our Day 2, we had ridden everything we wanted and even rode our favorite rides more than once, meeting up with friends again along the way. We both loved Guardians of the Galaxy and Tron the most across the 2 parks we visited. And we were able to enjoy lots of yummy Disney food and treats as well. We ended up park-hopping back to Epcot to close out our day with our favorite pizza and milkshake at their cafe. By the end of Day 2, we were SO pooped but felt super proud of ourselves for managing the overwhelming Disney experience - and loving every second!












It was the most fun and rewarding time together with my girl, and I was so thankful for the experience and the special bonding moments we had along the way. As a byproduct of this crazy cheer life, I am just soaking in all the time with her and I wouldn't trade it for anything! 








No comments:

Post a Comment