Thursday, July 28, 2022

Spring Updates and Photos

In my current role as a change management consultant, I work remotely 100% of the time. My consulting firm along with my current clients I'm supporting (PepsiCo) are both located in the Dallas area. In April, I spent a few days in Plano and Dallas for a client workshop and firm onsite meeting. It felt really strange being in a corporate office for the first time since before Covid struck, and it was even more bizarre to meet colleagues in person that have been on my computer screen for 2 years. 








With an incredibly busy spring of school and other activities, Connor and Marie often had trouble aligning their schedules so they could hang out. On the rare occasion that it worked, we loved having them over to spend time together playing games or goofing off outside. They are too cute!







In his occasional free time, Connor could usually be found playing video games or hanging out in his room. I have no idea why I snapped this photo of him assembling a Lego set, but I suspect it had something to do with the fact that I'm realizing his time living at home with us is running out far sooner than I'll be ready for.




For her part, Kaitlynn can usually be found in her room on FaceTime with friends while simultaneously playing computer games. But she also loves finding activities outside like swimming or trampoline time and attending her regular tumbling classes.





It became obvious that Kaitlynn was hitting a growth spurt this spring when her appetite increased dramatically. She can put away a huge amount of food like kolaches and pizza, but no one has any clue where it ends up except for the 1-2 inches of growth she's had this year alone.





In mid-April, Kaitlynn and I attended the spring Mother Daughter Tea which is an annual event to welcome new members into our Azalea chapter of National Charity League (NCL). It was a beautiful venue and we made sure to snap some pics to mark the occasion.





This girl is growing up so fast and changing into such a mature and beautiful young women right before our eyes. One morning before church, I couldn't resist taking her picture with Jeff because they looked so sweet together.






And finally, on Mother's Day, Jeff snapped a photo at church of me with my babies to mark the special day. Of course, these two clearly no longer resemble anything remotely close to a baby, but little do they know in my mind's eye they will remain those precious babies forever.









No comments:

Post a Comment