Monday, July 13, 2020

Mother's Day

Mother's Day during quarantine meant that I couldn't enjoy my usual favorite dining experience at Pappadeaux seafood restaurant, at least not like I normally enjoy it when I get to pick a favorite spot to dine in. Instead, we decided to take a longer drive to the Galleria area and pick up some greasy Mexican food to-go at my all-time favorite spot for breakfast tacos. It's a fast food spot called Chachos that I used to enjoy long ago when I was much younger and lived much closer to that area. I think most people love Chachos for their 24/7 service of margaritas and Mexican favorites - especially after a long night of drinking and partying, ha! Clearly that's not why I love it. They really do make the absolute best breakfast tacos, night or day, and the other favorites like chips and queso never disappoint either.

After the 30-40 minute drive to Chachos, we ordered our food from the drive-thru and ate our "picnic" in Jeff's truck in the empty parking lot. The kids were happy - can't go wrong with chicken quesadillas - and Jeff and I devoured the yummy breakfast tacos. They hit the spot! It was a totally random but fun excursion on yet another day where we would've been stuck indoors.






I should also mention that I managed to fix my hair and makeup and actually put on "hard pants" (a.k.a. jeans) for the first time in weeks for our Mother's Day Chachos outing. With all of that work (haha), we made sure to snap a few front porch pics to mark the occasion.









No comments:

Post a Comment