Thursday, February 13, 2020

House Updates

As we continued to settle into our new house in Katy, it was taking me a long time to figure out how to decorate and truly make it feel like home. Little by little we have been moving furniture around, hanging wall decor, and considering new paint colors. Once I started working from home, I decided my priority was to get the home office decorated. We needed new furniture and I was hoping to find some secondhand items for sale. I managed to find a set through Facebook Marketplace that I thought would work.




Once I started using the furniture, however, it just didn't seem substantial enough for what I was needing like file storage and supplies. I kept looking online and never could find what I envisioned, so I ended up buying a new set from a local furniture store. It was exactly as I pictured and so much more functional than the previous set.




Once I had organized the desk and credenza drawers, the only thing left was to paint the room and hang some wall decor. The end result was exactly what I was hoping for and definitely makes it more enjoyable to spend long hours on work calls and web meetings.







Once the office was finished, I finally had the perfect solution for the entryway directly outside. It was my favorite furniture piece we bought in Dubai, one that I had admired for a long time and bought myself for Christmas last year. I still have some decor shopping to find the right items for the shelves, but I love being able to see this from the office and every time we enter the house.





Another room that I had trouble with was the living room. The biggest issue was the rug, because our existing rugs were a bit small for the space and seemed to make the furniture arrangements feel confining. Once I realized that I needed a bigger rug, it didn't take me long to find the exact right size and color scheme that I was wanting. It brought a much needed pop of color into the space and made the furniture flow so much better. We also added curtains to the breakfast room which tied in the red color from the living room.






I also struggled quite a bit to find new bar stools for our counter-height counter top. Our old ones were bar height and didn't leave much room to sit down, ha!




I probably visited my local HomeGoods store 3-4 times per week for 4 months before I finally found the exact right bar stools for our kitchen. I never would've guessed that they would've been so hard to find. Hooray!





I still have a LONG way to go, but we're slowly making progress and looking forward to putting our stamp on every room so that it truly feels like home.


No comments:

Post a Comment