Thursday, February 23, 2017

Last Days of School

It couldn't come quick enough for Connor and Kaitlynn, but it caught me off guard when the end of the school year was upon us once again. The last couple days of school are always so much fun for the kids, filled with snacks and games to commemorate another great year. I end up thinking to myself, why do the kids need to attend those last few days anyway because they certainly aren't learning anything?!


Kaitlynn ready for school -- she was going through a hat phase, ha!

The day before school ended, one of Kaitlynn's friends and neighbors, Lauren, was celebrating her birthday. What a cute group of kids!


Birthday cake for the neighbor kids.

Enjoying some cake. When did Kaitlynn turn into a little hippie? haha

And finally, the VERY last day of school was upon us. I asked the kids if I could take a picture before school. I also requested that Connor wear a nicer shirt (one with an actual collar) for the picture. Apparently I missed the memo where that was an unreasonable request. His displeasure was all too evident in the photo.


Last day of school photo.

I can count on only one hand how many times I ask Connor to wear a collared shirt each year. But every.single.time he acts like this is pure, unadulterated, nonstop torture. TORTURE, I tell you. Since when has it become such a reviled endeavor for young boys to wear a shirt with an extra two inches of material at the neckline? So abhorrent, in fact, that this boy is willing to lose an entire week's worth of wi-fi privileges instead of simply correcting his poor, disrespectful attitude?

But, I digress.

Back to the last day of school, it was only a half-day for the kids and they were beyond excited when that last bell rang. Kaitlynn was accompanied by one of her friends, Sophia. Thankfully, we ended up with much bigger smiles than we had earlier in the day.


These girls were so excited that school was over and they could celebrate together!

The last walk home from school for 1st and 4th grades!

School's out for summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment