Sunday, October 11, 2015

While the Parents Were Away...

While Jeff and I were away on our summer trip to Punta Cana, Connor and Kaitlynn were thrilled to be left behind with my parents, MeMe and Granddaddy. They stayed in the Houston area for a couple of days and then drove back to White Oak for a weekend there with some of the Morgan cousins. I can say without hesitation that Connor and Kaitlynn didn't miss us at all!

Goofy cousins playing family. Who gets to be the baby in the crib?

Bath time, no peeking!

Silly cousins. Um, is it just me or do these girls look like SISTERS!

Sisters. I mean, cousins! :-)

Cute cousins, and Kaitlynn in some suspicious clothing...

So here are the stories that MeMe couldn't wait to pass along to me about my kids while we were away.

Before we left on our trip, I had laid out multiple matching outfits for Kaitlynn along with a checklist of items to pack when it was time for MeMe and Granddaddy to taken she and Connor to White Oak. All Kaitlynn had to do was put the items in her suitcase. Apparently I need to be more specific about the packing next time. Because when Kaitlynn ended up in White Oak, all her suitcase contained was 1 outfit, her doll Anna with the same outfit, her toothbrush/toothpaste, 1 pair of pjs, and her blankies. That's it. No additional clothes changes, no clean underwear, and no extra shoes. When MeMe realized that Kaitlynn hadn't packed all the outfits and other items, she asked Kaitlynn what happened. Kaitlynn, feeling quite independent about packing her own suitcase, said smugly, "I didn't need anything else." So THAT explained why every photo that MeMe texted me was either in the same 4th of July outfit or some random outfit she borrowed from her cousins.

After two days of being in White Oak with Kaitlynn's sparsely packed suitcase, the kids were getting ready for church and MeMe told them to brush their teeth. Kaitlynn replied, "OK. And BY THE WAY," she continued with some extra sass, "I haven't brushed my teeth the entire weekend until now!" [Cue Kaitlynn whipping her hair as she turns sharply around to go brush her teeth for the first time in days.] Lovely.

Last story...one of the days that the cousins were at MeMe's house, Uncle Jeb decided it would be a good idea to get the cousins to help wash the cars in the driveway. So they got an old t-shirt for each cousin and told them they were going to have a fun activity to do outside. Apparently it didn't take Connor long to respond with, "Why are you making us do chores and calling it an activity?" HA!

Gotta love the grandparent stories!


Can we trick the kids into doing our chores by calling it an activity?

The car-washing "activity" LOL!

More car-washing "fun"

At least the girls liked it!

After 5 days in the Dominican Republic, Jeff and I made it home and I was happy to drive to Lufkin to meet MeMe with the kids. It's always so great seeing them after such a long time away! They had such a great time with their grandparents and the bonus was getting to see their cousins, too. Jeff and I are so blessed that my parents are able (and willing!) to watch our kids for us so we can get away.


They were so happy to see me after my trip that they actually hugged each other, ha!

Now THIS is a kid worn-out from a fun week with the grandparents!

Giving the kids their surprise souvenirs from our trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment