Sunday, July 5, 2015

Mother's Day and Father's Day

I think I've posted in years past about the difference in our family between Mother's Day and Father's Day. My Mother's Day gift usually consists of something to get AWAY from the kids, while Jeff's celebration always involves activities to spend more time with them. Ha!

This year was a little different. Maybe it's because I've been working more this year, but I actually didn't have the desire to RUN AS FAST AS I COULD TO A LAND FAR FAR AWAY spend time away from the kids for once. Instead, we spent the day together as a family, enjoyed a nice lunch and an ice cream treat, and I managed not to do a single load of laundry for the day. That's a good day for me!


Pic with my babies before church.

Another pic, this time at Pappadeaux for lunch -- my favorite and SO SO crowded on Mother's Day!


To celebrate Mother's Day at school, the kindergarteners hosted a "Mommy Makeover" event. The kids were able to use their Mom's makeup and hair accessories to give their Mommies a makeover. Oh my, Kaitlynn was in heaven! She was literally squealing and giggling through the makeup portion, ha!

Kaitlynn greeted me with a huge smile and big bouquet of flowers at the Mommy Makeover.

This was Kaitlynn's Mother's Day interview about me.

Quick selfie before the makeup application.

Blurry pic -- but this was how excited she was to apply makeup on me. Hilarious!

But my favorite part of the Mommy Makeover event was the PRECIOUS song that the kids sang for us Mothers. Oh so sweet!!







And now for Father's Day.

Before school ended, the kindergarten classes hosted a Playground with Pop event for all the Dads to spend some time with the kiddos at school. Unfortunately they had to move the event to the gym due to weather, but that didn't stop Jeff and Kaitlynn from having a special time together.

Kaitlynn and her Sweet Daddy enjoying time together at school.

While at the Playground with Pop event, the kiddos shared their special projects that they had made for their Dads. This was similar to the one they made for the Moms, but instead it was focused on "My Dad's Superpowers."

Now, let me just say, Kaitlynn's completed paper had to be "censored" by her teacher. It was actually quite hilarious -- Mrs. Wright texted me in advance with a picture of Kaitlynn's work because she was having a hard time keeping a straight face. I must say, it's possible that she was RIGHT ON with what she wrote that Jeff was the best at... :-)


Jeff's superpowers according to Kaitlynn.

When the summer hit and Father's Day rolled around, I secretly booked our TV/stereo guys to come out and install an outdoor TV and stereo speakers for Jeff. It was a surprise for him since I knew he'd never spend the money himself, despite spending so much time outside and always listening to music out there. The whole family has been enjoying the new outdoor addition!

We had a nice morning at church and then Jeff picked his choice for lunch -- again at Pappadeaux for some seafood, but not nearly as crowded as Mother's Day, ha! Later in the day we enjoyed some Baskin Robbins, always a fun treat.

The kids both shared a coke with Jeff for Father's Day.

Reading his Father's Day card.

Sweet picture before church.


Quick pic before our Father's Day lunch.

A Baskin Robbins treat before calling it a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment