Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Christmas with Friends

Yet again I have gotten WAY behind on our family updates! Stay tuned for all my belated posts to hopefully finish our 2014 updates (now that we're WELL into 2015)!

Back in December, we continued our annual tradition of meeting up in Dallas with some of my all-time favorite friends. My high school besties/BFFs--Amanda, Dana, and Katherine. What would I do without these awesome girls??

BFFs -- Amanda, me, Dana, and Katherine. So blessed by these friendships!

I'll admit, last fall was a tough time for me. With both kiddos now in school full-time and my project at work being finalized, I found myself without a purpose. We had a young adult living at home and I had way too much free time on my hands to focus on things that bothered me. So I found myself in a funk. As much as I wanted to enjoy the blessing of being a full-time wife, mother, and PTA volunteer, those just aren't the things that fulfill me. After months of wondering what was wrong with me, THESE GIRLS helped me find my way. I am SO BLESSED and grateful for these friendships!!

After many years (decades!) of friendship dating back to junior high, a new generation of friendships continues to blossom with our kids. We've always said that when we get together, it's like no time has passed. How fitting that I heard the same words from Connor during this visit to Dallas. These 9 kiddos -- Jacob, Connor, Luke, Jackson, Kaitlynn, Alex, Sarah, Ryan, and Andrew -- have been friends since infanthood and enjoy every moment together. The times together are few and far between, but oh so worth the wait!

First stop of our fun days together -- AirU for some trampoline and dodge ball time!


Some of the big boys waiting for a game of dodge ball.

The girls couldn't stand still for a pic; too much fun together!


Finally, standing still for a pic!

Our gang of kiddos (minus a couple, ha!)

Silly faces

Back at Katherine's house, I told the older 3 boys to strike a pose and this is what I got.

Ryan was the ladies man hanging outside with Kaitlynn and Sarah.

You would be hard pressed to find these kids outside WITHOUT a football!

No shortage of boys around here. Look at that handsome crew!

Celebrating Laine's birthday. Love this group of friends!

Is it just me or is mealtime the only time all 7 boys are willing to sit still? ;-)

Two peas in a pod.

Our annual pic by the Christmas tree.

They don't get to open presents until we get the group photo, ha!

The kids exchange books each year for Christmas. Kaitlynn loves the girly books!

And Connor was excited for something new.

Story time!

I'm not sure how we managed to skip photos, but while the kids enjoyed some playtime, us Moms got out for a fun afternoon of manis/pedis and shopping. This annual visit always flies by and leaves me hoping we can find more time together in the future, and I know the kids all feel the same way.


One final pic before leaving town.

Sweet and sassy girls.


No comments:

Post a Comment