Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Because I'm a Mom

Every year when Mother's Day rolls around, I am blown away by all of the lovely messages, posts, emails, cards, and kind gestures that I receive just because I'm a Mom. From my immediate family members, to sweet personal friends, to all kinds of strangers we come across when we're out and about -- they all share such sweet words thanking me because I'm a Mom.

This past Mother's Day was no different. We were lucky enough to spend the Saturday before Mother's Day together as a family (out by the pool, of course!). Then on Mother's Day I woke up to two precious kiddos and their sweet hugs and kisses telling me they loved me and had a surprise for me. Along with their Dad, they led me upstairs to a scavenger hunt where they had hidden sweet messages for me along with some fun spending money! 3 sweet messages from each of my babies, telling me why they loved me and were thankful for me on this Mother's Day.


Connor's messages in red, Kaitlynn's in purple.

The messages and scavenger hunt were such a fun idea, but then Connor pulled out some special projects he had made for me at school: a special poem and a Mother's Day booklet answering lots of questions about his Mom. One of my favorite answers was if he could give me anything, he would give me a turquoise $100 bill! That boy knows me well -- my love of anything turquoise and of course money, ha! And my other favorite... I got very teary-eyed when he described how he thought I was as a child ("a pretty little girl").

This sweet poem Connor wrote for me for Mother's Day.

A Mother's Day booklet from Connor.

Not to be outdone, Kaitlynn had made some special projects for her Mom as well, and she presented these to me at a very special Mother's Day Tea hosted by her preschool. They did such a nice job hosting a luncheon for the mothers and presenting us with their craft projects. Kaitlynn drew a portrait of me that was framed by her teachers, and she had her own questionnaire to complete about her Mom. This is the 2nd year in a row she has stated that salad is my favorite food. She clearly has me confused with other Moms!


Kaitlynn's questionnaire about her Mom.


Portrait of her Mom, at the Mother's Day Tea at Kaitlynn's preschool.

We had such a special time together at the Mother's Day Tea!


Me and my girl.

The kids performed a song for the mothers in the classroom before heading to the luncheon.

The kids even served their Moms with beverages and fruit cups! I had the cutest little waitress ;-)


Love this girl of mine!

I have been a Mom for 8 years now, and I'm still blown away by all of the love and gratitude I receive year after year on Mother's Day. To me, the day belongs to MY mom and all of the other mother figures in my life (you know who you are!) because THEY are the ones who deserve to be acknowledged and pampered for the amazing women that they are!

But, I have to admit, it sure is a great feeling to be showered with love and recognized for my contributions to my family. Because I'm a Mom, and that's the greatest and luckiest role I ever aspired to have.

No comments:

Post a Comment