Wednesday, September 5, 2012

1st Day of Preschool

When Connor started back to school last week, Kaitlynn was NOT happy. She was ready for her own school to start and it couldn't come soon enough. We kept telling her it was next week and she didn't understand why she couldn't go sooner. Last week we went to Meet The Teacher and she was asking me why I wouldn't leave the classroom. She was ready for school!!

This year Kaitlynn is attending her same school, Foundry Faith Academy, and she'll be attending on Monday/Wednesday/Friday each week. We were beyond thrilled to learn that she will have the same teacher that she's had for the 3rd year in a row, Ms. Susan. At Meet The Teacher, we recognized over half of the kids in Kaitlynn's class, and the best news by far is that Kaitlynn and her best friend, Anais, will be in the same class together! I've never seen happier girls together!

Kaitlynn woke up this morning and was SO excited that she was finally getting to go to school today. She wanted to hurry up and get dressed so we could take back-to-school photos like I did with Connor. And probably the thing she was most excited about was getting to strap on her brand new Pinkalicious backpack with her princess water bottle and lunch kit. Oh my, it was like Christmas at our house this morning!

On the drive to school, Kaitlynn was a chatterbox and kept saying how excited she was about school. She was a little concerned about whether or not I would stay at school with her, like I did at Meet The Teacher. She definitely did NOT want that. She told me that there wasn't a spot for me in her classroom and that I would have to go home. Alrighty, then!

Taking pictures was my idea; posing like this was hers.

Ready for school with her new backpack.

At school, she was all smiles.

One last pic in the hallway before entering her classroom.

Showing Ms. Susan her new Pinkalicious backpack. 

At Meet The Teacher, Kaitlynn and Anais were squealing with delight to be in the same class!

Such sweet friends, they always make me smile!

2 comments:

  1. Oh My Goodness! What a precious post. Seriously, could there be a more independent girl out there? She is SO your daughter! LOVE IT! I hope she has a great year.

    And congrats on getting rid of the paci. So not looking forward to that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go Miss Kaitlynn. She cracks me up. She was ready and she knew it! Sweet girl! She is Miss Independence isn't she? You've got your work cut out for you girl! :-)

    And I have to say I loved your previous post on the paci. You have done such a good job with both Connor and Kaitlynn on helping them give up their paci. I love the walk to the mailbox to mail it off. By the look on her face it was definitely a serious matter. I can only imagine how hard that was for her and you but you handled it so well! Way to go momma!

    ReplyDelete