Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The Elmo Show

Connor and I were lucky to attend the Sesame Street Live show (the "Elmo Show" according to Connor) last weekend with Connor's best buddy, Benjamin, and Benjamin's mommy, Julie. I have to admit, it was FUN! The performance was much better than I expected. It was really neat because ALL of the Sesame Street characters were there. Our seats were great, so we were able to see all the characters up close and personal. I've shared some pictures below.

On a related note, Connor woke up this morning with wheezy breathing and a croupy cough, so I stayed at home with him to take him to the doctor (turns out the ear infections are officially back now that his ear tubes are falling out, and he has another case of croup, too. Yay, what fun!) Anyway, as soon as Connor woke up, he started telling me about how Elmo came to his room last night. I was a bit surprised, of course, so I asked him, "Oh, did you have a dream about Elmo?" He said, "Yes, and the big monster came to my room, too. He had Fruit Loops." At this point, I was positive he must be talking about a dream he had. He proceeded to explain to me that both Elmo and the monster (we never figured out who exactly the "monster" was) came to his room with Fruit Loops. According to Connor, he hid in his bed with his Barney book while Elmo and the monster were there. But he said they were both nice and he wasn't scared. Thank heavens for that!

Before the Elmo Show, we met up with Benjamin for a healthy Whataburger breakfast.


On our way to the show, Connor and Benjamin enjoyed riding together (thanks to Julie for the extra carseat!)


Connor and Mommy at the show. They sold these Elmo toys for $15 and we couldn't resist. But hey, at least I didn't give in for the $10 Elmo balloon (Yes, $10 for a regular balloon. And there were dozens of them lost in the rafters by the time the show was over!)


Connor and Benjamin both were mesmerized when the Sesame Street characters began coming on stage.


Here's a shot of one of the group songs. So cool to see the characters live!

3 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear that Connor is sick!!! And those yucky ear infections. That totally stinks. You know I feel your pain. I LOVE the story about the dream. What a great imagination he has already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun day you guys had! connor is looking so big these days! Sorry to hear he is sick again. I know how that is, Jacob and Luke both have a cold and cough! Yuck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a precious story about the visit from Elmo and Monster. And how brave is Connor that he hid in his bed with Barney to wait it out?! So sweet. Give your little angel get well hugs from his Aunt Amanda. Miss you guys so much. =) XOXO

    ReplyDelete