Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Connor's First Steps

Dad got tickets for us to the Astros game in the Diamond section (with the private clubhouse and indoor buffet area) about a week after you turned 1. By this time, you were walking well as long as we held both your hands. During the game, I was walking with you in the clubhouse, and I noticed that I let go of your hands and you kept going another few steps! I thought it was a fluke, so I tried it again and again. By the third time, I realized that you were officially taking your first steps!

I went outside to our seats and exclaimed to your Dad that you were taking your first steps. He promptly followed us back inside where you started stepping back and forth between us. It was so exciting for all of us, and of course, you were enjoying all of the attention and cheering! And wouldn’t you know, it was the one time we didn’t have either our camera OR camcorder for the event!

The next day we captured some video of you walking to Collin and Kevin at home. From that point forward, you took walking at your own pace. Until about a month later, you would still switch between crawling and walking at will (unlike your cousin Makenna who took her first steps and never looked back!) You were still pretty wobbly and didn’t become a great walker until around 14 months.








No comments:

Post a Comment